Skip to main content

Kubism, Part 2: Killer's Kiss (1955)



It's been an underwhelming start for a so-called visionary genius, but in the hope of digging up something watchable I hereby present the third instalment of my shallow dive into the career of tonsorially unconcerned director Stanley Kubrick. Under the Fisher Price microscope this time is Kubo's second feature film, Killer's Kiss. Is he any good yet? Let's find out! (short answer: almost)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yakin mau masuk Kedokteran

https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-700680dc2cb7 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-49cc625b73b4 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-e8b315db82fb https://medium.com/@fieldmic/abc-modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-9f2aab3593b3 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-on-abc-49be2b6d3fc4 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-on-abc-18f2a5a8af7a https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-comedy-abc-8dee01b68310 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-a767aedff15e https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-comedy-2bfcd2370f61 https://medium.com/@nobbier/riverdale-season-4-episode-1-full-episodes-the-cw-2b066cc1fe23 https://medium.com/@nobbier/american-horror-story-season-9-episod...

Kubism, Part 5: Spartacus (1960)

Longer, wider and more colourful than anything Stanley Kubrick had done up to this point, Spartacus saw The Kube go EPIC. 198 minutes long! A four-minute rousing Alex North overture! A Saul Bass title sequence! An intermission and entr'acte, whatever that is! A $12 million budget! Super 70mm 2.2:1 Technirama! Between 10,000 and 50,000 extras depending on who you ask! If bigger means better,

Melody Faker: The albums I only own to make myself look good

I like music. Who doesn't? Apart from my wife, she likes Take That. Anyway because I am a real and proper music fan who enjoys looking down his nose at people, I own all my music on clunky and cumbersome physical media like vinyl and so-called "compact" discs. This means I have no room in my lounge for seats or people, and moving house last year was a colossal ballache, and I am contributing to