Skip to main content

Thunder Road: Forlorn in the USA



To begin at the end: the first of refreshingly offbeat com-dram Thunder Road's end credits reads: "Written, directed and performed by Jim Cummings". Out of context, that "performed" sounds a little ostentatious, maybe even pretentious. But coming after 90 minutes of what is practically a one-man show, it's bang on. Cummings is front and centre in every scene of his first feature, which is based

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kubism, Part 5: Spartacus (1960)

Longer, wider and more colourful than anything Stanley Kubrick had done up to this point, Spartacus saw The Kube go EPIC. 198 minutes long! A four-minute rousing Alex North overture! A Saul Bass title sequence! An intermission and entr'acte, whatever that is! A $12 million budget! Super 70mm 2.2:1 Technirama! Between 10,000 and 50,000 extras depending on who you ask! If bigger means better,

Yakin mau masuk Kedokteran

https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-700680dc2cb7 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-49cc625b73b4 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-e8b315db82fb https://medium.com/@fieldmic/abc-modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-9f2aab3593b3 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-on-abc-49be2b6d3fc4 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-on-abc-18f2a5a8af7a https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-comedy-abc-8dee01b68310 https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-full-episodes-abc-a767aedff15e https://medium.com/@fieldmic/modern-family-season-11-episode-3-comedy-2bfcd2370f61 https://medium.com/@nobbier/riverdale-season-4-episode-1-full-episodes-the-cw-2b066cc1fe23 https://medium.com/@nobbier/american-horror-story-season-9-episod...

Melody Faker: The albums I only own to make myself look good

I like music. Who doesn't? Apart from my wife, she likes Take That. Anyway because I am a real and proper music fan who enjoys looking down his nose at people, I own all my music on clunky and cumbersome physical media like vinyl and so-called "compact" discs. This means I have no room in my lounge for seats or people, and moving house last year was a colossal ballache, and I am contributing to